14 Aug Irrigation Designer – Santa Maria, CA
Santa Maria, CA
Employment Type: Part-time / Full Time
ALC Consolidated is looking for a dynamic individual to fill an Irrigation Designer position. This position will be responsible for designing new irrigation systems for agriculture field and greenhouse projects. This position will also be responsible for develop material list, cost estimates, and manage equipment purchase for ALC’s irrigation division.
- Evaluate site conditions and determine water availability and use requirements.
- Select the most effective irrigation equipment, methods, and materials for the application.
- Develop efficient and cost-effective irrigation designs that meet the plant or crop’s watering requirements.
- Prepare comprehensive plans and specifications that include construction details, equipment, or materials, as well as appropriate irrigation schedules.
- Ensure the installation matches the design intent.
- Provide direction to end users on system use, scheduling, and maintenance.
- Self-motivated individual
- Ability to work independently
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in related field, (will Consider Student with experience)
- 1-3-year Irrigation engineering and design training or experience
- AutoCAD experience
- IrriCAD experience (desired but not required)
- Knowledge of common irrigation system components (ie pipe, fittings, valves, filters, ect.)
Compensation: TBD based on experience.
ALC Consolidated is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for this job