04 Feb Field Technician – Central Coast
The Field Technician will pull samples for the laboratory and assist in preparing them for analysis, following proper protocols to ensure that they will be stored, prepared, and disposed of efficiently and effectively. The Field Technician will also install and maintain all sampling and irrigation monitoring equipment.
- Pulling weekly soil, water, tissue, and lysimeter samples for various growers.
- Installation of Lysimeters.
- Assisting Laboratory manager in preparing samples to be analyzed.
- Responsible for maintaining data.
- Building Lysimeters.
- Installing IMS Boxes and Equipment.
- Online data checking and ability to use GPS calibration tools.
- Logging in samples.
- Operating vehicle and equipment in a safe and legal manner.
- Keeping tools and pumps in working order.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of agricultural production and practices.
- Demonstrated experience with common computer software packages (Windows, MS Office, etc.)
- Flexible and proactive.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly detailed oriented.
- Capable of prioritizing tasks to meet goals and ensure quality.
- Self-sufficient under minimal supervision and preform tasks in a safe and compliant manner.
- Mustpossess problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- 1-3 years of Ag Field Technician experience or related fields is preferred.
- Clean CA driver license and back ground
- Reliable and punctual when reporting to work and assigned work orders.
- Experience in a fast-paced agricultural environment is preferred but not required.
Apply for this job